Monday, March 19, 2012

All About Leo

Sometimes, when I'm bored at work, I will go through my old blog posts and look at pictures of an itty bity Leo. I always wish that I had written more about Leo, posted more pictures, memoralized cute little things about him. I have pretty much failed at keeping a baby book so this blog is all I have written about him. In order to remedy this lack of information about Leo, I'm dedicating this post to him. This is probably only interesting to me but I'll be grateful for it on a slow day at work.

Leo is just over 20 months and seeing him become his own person is simply breath-taking. He is so opinionated. Every night we pick out books to read and he simply must pick out all his own books. If I pick out the book, he says "nooo" and shakes his head.

He loves to pretend to make food and then pretend to eat it. Or have me eat it. Or feed Scout. I wish he were as excited about eating real food as he is about eating pretend food.


He loves to play dress up with glasses, hats, mommy and daddy's shoes. He imitates our actions. He'll flip upside down and pretend to blow dry his hair like mommy. If daddy is laying in bed with his feet up, so is Leo.

Leo's current play things are mega-blocks, trains, little people, and books. Oh my, this little one loves his books. It makes my nerdy heart so happy to see him pick out a book, ask us to read it, and sit quietly while we read it.

Leo loves him some football. He wakes up asking for football. Thank goodness the husband has all the good Michigan games dvr'd. Leo always wants to know where his football is and often goes to sleep with a football or two in his crib.

Leo can be quiet and cautious in new environments. He doesn't get upset, but he you can see him taking the scene all in and planning how he is going to incorporate himself. Once he warms up, he's all in and ready to rumble.

Of course, Leo loves the bullies. He gives Frank kisses (which is kind of gross) and he is always trying to hug them. He also tries to pick them up while repeatedly saying "bath." I agree, they are pretty smelly and in need of a bath.

I could go on and on all night but I need to get to bed at some point. Don't you feel better that you know all about my little man?

No comments:

Post a Comment